Yanmar Europe BV, located in Almere, is the European based headquarters for Yanmar’s activities in the Agricultural and Municipal market. Yanmar Europe is a dynamic organization which is developing itself in a high pace with sophisticated products, services and processes. Due to our increasing product portfolio and growing market demands, the Yanmar Europe Agricultural department is looking for candidates for the position of:
PRODUCT ENGINEER (m/f)
In this position you will be responsible for the design, testing and implementation of compact tractor options and attachments from start till end. The type of projects could include: New product development, value improvement projects, warranty reduction & quality improvement projects and assembly support.
· Responsible for design of compact tractor options and attachments. Design includes 3D modelling. (projects can be in close cooperation with external suppliers)
- · New designs include mechanical, hydraulical and electrical/mechatronical solutions.
- · Responsible for understanding and maintaining the whole tractor solution system layout and impact on other functional areas.
- · Produce and/or evaluate possible design solutions to fit market requirements, improve quality & performance and reduce cost of compact tractor options and attachments.
- · Follow Engineering policies and procedures.
- · Maintain models / drawings / files according the latest engineering changes.
- · Compile and structure the required information to document the design solution for building of prototypes and adaptation of the design with involvement of other engineers, supply- and sales management.
- · Participate in studies in Engineering organization and technology development in his area.
- · Support engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for end –user information or manufacturing assembly, such as: mounting instructions, user manuals, charts, and product materials.
- · Gain and apply knowledge on customer needs, competitive systems, regulations and standards in cooperation with the product manager and homologation specialist
· Provide technical support and problem solving expertise to sales, manufacturing and supply management organizations.
Requirements:· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical and/or automotive (or equivalent).
· 2 – 5 Year related work experience in a technical business-to-business environment
· Interest in/ affinity for compact tractor applications.
· Good knowledge of 3D modelling software as CREO/FEA.
· Fluent English in speaking and writing.
· Ability and willingness to travel internationally (appr.20%)
· The ability to work both independently and in an engineering team.
· Self-motivator with strong attention to detail.
Workbase is in Almere, therefore candidates should live within an acceptable distance.
A truly international organization, with respect for each individual's culture and room for individual development. A job in a dynamic environment, where every day is different. Freedom to take initiatives and express ideas. Motivated and open colleagues that will be pleased to welcome you. Quality products that have a reliable and excellent reputation. Yanmar is a stable and solid employer with labour conditions that conform to the market.